LIMR’s Biosafety/rDNA program oversees research involving recombinant DNA, pathogenic organisms, and/or human or non-human primate-derived materials (cell lines, tissues, fluid, etc.). Additionally, the Committee oversees all projects involving infectious agents (RG-2 and 3) and certain toxins that are on the CDC Select agents list.
It is the responsibility of the Investigator to submit the proposed research to the BRDC for approval before the research has begun. A list of meeting dates and deadlines is available (PDF). You may not start your research until your protocol has been reviewed and approved by the IBC. Researchers using any of these materials must complete a Biosafety Protocol Form (DOC). For renewals please complete the Biosafety Renewal Form (DOC), and for additions, revisions or modifications to a current protocol, please complete the Biosafety Addendum Form (DOC). To add or remove personnel from an approved protocol complete the Biosafety Addition/Deletion of Personnel Form (DOC).
For additional information, please see:
- Biosafety in Microbiological & Biomedical Laboratories from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules
- Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecule FAQs (PDF)
- Biosafety Levels - Fact Sheet
- Essential Elements of Laboratory Biosafety
- Transgenic Animal FAQs
- Animal Experiments Covered under the NIH Guidelines (PDF)
- Animal Biosafety Levels (ABSL) from BMBL 5th Edition (PDF)
Meeting dates and deadlines
Note that all meetings will be held in the LIMR Conference Room G32 at 1:00 pm.
Meetings will be held the second Tuesday of the month.
|Meeting dates||Submission deadline|
|January 28, 2021||January 20, 2021|
|February 25, 2021||February 17, 2021|
|March 25, 2021||March 17, 2021|
|April 22, 2021||April 14, 2021|
|May 27, 2021||May 19, 2021|
|June 24, 2021||June 16, 2021|
|July 22, 2021||July 14, 2021|
|August 26, 2021||August 18, 2021|
|September 23, 2021||September 15, 2021|
|October 28, 2021||October 20, 2021|
|November 18, 2021*||November 10, 2021|
|December 23, 2021||December 15, 2021|
* Please note that bolded dates are different from the normal schedule due to holidays.